Area 51 Sponsors
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
TITAN's Tribes Ascend custom ini 
Tribes

Hello all,

For competitive reasons i've tweaked my Tribes Ascend ini to blur textures (makes clouds almost non-existent allowing easier viewing of incoming enemies), taken away leaves/limbs from trees, no ambient occlusion/bloom, while still maintaining quality "crispness".

Before the edits my avg frame rate was 60-70 on minimal settings.
After I get on avg 90-100 with a maximum of around 120 (looking at the ground).

*IMPORTANT: Backup your current ini in case you do not like the changes, or in-case you ever wish to switch back.

*http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55209680/tribes.ini
(Right click... Save as...)

*Make sure you can view file extensions in-case you need to copy/paste to notepad / save as .ini (If you right click the link and click save file it should stay ini format anyways)

-------------------------------------------------
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... extensions

Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.

Click the View tab, and then, under Advanced settings, do one of the following:

To hide file extensions, select the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.

To display file extensions, clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.
-------------------------------------------------

How-To:
1. Open up C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Tribes Ascend\TribesGame\Config (where username is w/e username you use for windows)

2. Create a copy of the tribes.ini file (right click copy) then paste it in the same directory (right click paste). It should rename it to Tribes - Copy.ini or something (as long as you have a backup)

3. Right click this link ( http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55209680/tribes.ini ) Save as.. and save it to this location: "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Tribes Ascend\TribesGame\Config" location and just in case also in your installed directory @ "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiRezGames\tribes alpha\TribesGame\Config"

4. Remember, if you change graphics settings in-game it will over-write the current tribes.ini file in your directory (wouldn't hurt to create a copy of this ini once you have it saved/set the way you like).

Enjoy!

Last edited by titan on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:52 am
Profile WWW

when will you release your aimbot and wall hacks?

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:06 pm
Tribes

Oh you so funny player3 :)

Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:16 am
Profile WWW

I'd like to see a screenshot of your in-game

Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:31 am
Tribes

I've been meaning to do that.. i'll shoot for tomorrow before I leave for PAX <3

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:48 am
Profile WWW

It seems like your custom .ini file gives me a blank screen... I guess its because the updates the game received since you created the file. Do you have an updated version maybe?
Your work seem most interesting, I definitely would like to have settings optimalized for competitive gaming!

thanks in advance

Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:57 pm

Never mind. The wonderful nVidia optimus was playing its little tricks again. Your .ini works just fine, thank you for sharing!

Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]